Here at G J Bowmer (Waste Disposal) Ltd. We are proud to be able to say we recycle 100% of all our domestic and commercial waste. Whether the waste is brought into our licensed transfer station, or received from our skip hire service; 100% of the waste is diverted away from landfill.
We are required by law to submit hazardous and non-hazardous waste returns to the Environment Agency every 3 months. Below shows the amount of each type of waste exported from our licenced transfer station between January and June 2018. As you can see 100% of the waste exported was recycled; that’s over 1400 tonnes of waste or 116 lorry loads of waste diverted away from landfill in just 6 months!
Recycling the waste is not only hugely beneficial to the environment, it also allows us to keep our costs down therefore passing the savings onto our customers.
- Wood waste is recycled by Stobart Biomass to be used as biomass wood chip.
- Cardboard waste is taken to Edwards Recycling to be reused.
- Municipal waste is taken to Biffa, where they use the waste to generate electricity and hot water.
- Inert and Hardcore waste is removed from our transfer station by G & B Finch. They recycle the material to be used on sites.
- Metal waste is taken to various sites where is it recycled.
- Plasterboard waste is taken to Plasterzone where the paper from the plasterboard is composted and the rest is recycled into quality gypsum products.