Here at G J Bowmer (Waste Disposal) Ltd. We are proud to be able to say we recycle 100% of all our domestic and commercial waste. Whether the waste is brought into our licensed transfer station, or received from our skip hire service; 100% of the waste is diverted away from landfill.
We are required by law to submit hazardous and non-hazardous waste returns to the Environment Agency every 3 months. Below shows the amount of each type of waste exported from our licenced transfer station between January and December 2019. As you can see 100% of the waste exported was recycled; that’s over 3000 tonnes of waste or 205 lorry loads of waste diverted away from landfill in the last 12 months!
Recycling the waste is not only hugely beneficial to the environment, it also allows us to keep our costs down therefore passing the savings onto our customers.
- Wood waste is recycled by Stobart Biomass to be used as biomass wood chip.
- Cardboard waste is taken to Edwards Recycling to be reused.
- Municipal waste is taken to Biffa and Sharps, where they use the waste to generate electricity and hot water.
- Inert and Hardcore waste is removed from our transfer station by G & B Finch. They recycle the material to be used on sites.
- Plasterboard waste is taken to Sharps where the paper from the plasterboard is composted and the rest is recycled into quality gypsum products.